2009 Year End Review – Obama’s Failures
To say that this has been a year of “historical firsts” would be an understatement. For some, it started out as the year of “hope and change.” The rest of us were wise to what “hope and change” really meant.
Today we mark the failures of the Obama Administration’s first year in office. Failures because there were no “successes” that reasonably minded people can point to.
- Obama’s phoenix like fall from popularity. Started the year with a 72% approval rating, ended the year with the lowest rating of any President in the history of the country. Obama’s “strong approval” rating stands at 25%, which is lower than Bush and Carter at the end of their unpopular terms. 42% “Strongly Disapprove” of Obama, which makes him the most unpopular President ever at the end of his first year in office.
- ObamaCare, which is opposed by more than 60% of the country, and at least 78% say will cause their premiums to go up. Opposition to ObamaCare has been one of the key rallying cries of the Tea Party and Conservative movements through all of 2009. Opposition is so strong that Ben Nelson (D. NE) who cast the deciding vote in the Senate has his Republican opponent for the 2010 Senate Races up 30 points over Nelson. Congress by the way has exempted itself from being covered by ObamaCare, which is nothing more than 2,072 pages of tax hikes, regulations, and government rationing of health care for all American’s.
- Highest Unemployment in 30+ Years, averaging 475,000 jobs lost per month during Obama’s first year as President. At the end of 2009, the Unemployment Rate according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics stands at 10% after reaching a high of 10.2% earlier this year, despite spending $787 BILLION dollars in government make-work programs. At the end of 2008 as President Bush ended his term, the unemployment rate was 5.8% according to the Bureau of Labor & Statistics.
- Biggest Federal Deficit Since World War II as Obama and the Democrats spent $1.8 TRILLION dollars on government bailouts of banks, the auto industry, pork barrel spending, and government make-work projects in a failed attempt to keep the unemployment rate under 8%.
- Record Borrowing from China as Obama begged our largest debt holder for an additional $800 BILLION dollars to pay for his “government stimulus” program. This further decreased the value of the American Dollar as the U.S. Treasury cranked up the printing presses to cover the debt.
- Expansion of the Federal Debt Ceiling to $12 TRILLION dollars, to cover the borrowing the Democrats incurred in pursuit of Health Care Reform and increased government spending. This is money our children’s children will be paying off far into the future.
- De-Valuation of the American Dollar as the Obama Administration added $2.5 TRILLION dollars into circulation, reducing the buying power of the average American, increasing commodity prices for food, gasoline and other basic staples.
- Obama’s Confusing Policy on Iran which varies from “Iran has a right to Nuclear Power to demanding unfettered access to Iran’s nuclear facilities.
- Obama’s Failed Iraq Policy After announcing earlier this year that the War in Iraq is “scheduled to end” by August 31st of 2010, civilian violence in Iraq has been on a steady increase with new suicide bombings claiming the lives of almost 40 Iraqi’s just three days ago.
- Dithering on Afghanistan for four months, ignoring increased troop requests by his own hand-picked general, Gen. William McChrystal, who originally requested increased troops in August of 2009 to stem the growing U.S. Troop casualties due to a resurgent Taliban. Obama put politics and appeasing his extreme left-wing base of supporters over the security of our Troops and the United States.
- Obama’s Decision to Close Club Gitmo, Transfer Terrorists to U.S. Soil (Thomson Federal Prison, Illinois) has probably been the most controversial in his first year in office. The decision to bring known terrorists onto U.S. soil presents the very real possibility that enemy combatants such as Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the mastermind of the 1993 WTC bombing and the 9-11 attacks which killed more than 3,000 people will be tried in civilian courts with the full rights of American citizens. This decision has outraged the families of the 9-11 victims and bitterly divided the country. Obama’s claims that “Gitmo” was a ‘rallying cry’ for terrorists simply means that Thomson will be substituted for “Gitmo” and make Chicago proper a terrorist target.
- The Fort Hood Terrorist Attack Jihad at Fort Hood was the largest terrorist attack on American soil since September 11th, 2001. The Obama Administration’s first reaction was to blame America for jumping to the conclusion that this was an islamist fundamentalist attack on America when in fact that’s exactly what it was. To this day the Obama administration refuses to call it a terrorist attack. Joe Lieberman was one of the first to label it as such. Political Correctness has run amok in our Military, which was afraid to boot Hasan out of the military simply because he was a muslim who preached anti-American hatred and opposed the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.
- Northwest Airlines Flight 253 was the second direct attack on U.S. soil since September 11th, 2001 under Obama’s watch. Again, the Obama administration refuses to call it a terrorist attack even though Al-Qaeda in Yemen has taken credit for the attack. Demonstrating this Administration’s inability to recognize reality, DHS head Janet Napolitano
claimed “the system worked” and that there was no evidence of a “larger plot” despite Yemen Government Officials stating that they were aware of another 300+ terrorists ready to strike at the United States.
- Three Days for Obama To Respond To Terror Attacks Flight 253 happened on Christmas day. On December 28th, Obama finally responds to the terror attack. Most notably, Obama wasn’t informed of the terror attack for three hours after it happened, further demonstrating just how out of touch this Administration is from reality. Obama supporters criticized President George W. Bush for taking 6 minutes to respond to the September 11th 2001 attacks, where are they now that Obama took three full days to respond to Northwest Airlines flight 253 terrorist attack? Furthermore, if the system was so “broken” and Obama continues to blame Bush, then why didn’t Obama or Napolitano order a top-down review of airline security their first day in office? The fact is Obama has no one to blame but himself for this, and all the other failures we’ve outlined above. He’s clearly in way over his head, and he’s surrounded himself with the equivalent of the keystone cops in his administration.
Notice The Coward In Chief Wouldn’t Even Take Questions!
As we close out 2009 and look forward to 2010, we in America have the responsibility to right the ship of Government and stop the incompetence of the Community Organizer in Chief’s tyranny against we, the people of the United States. As such, we eagerly count the days to November 2nd, 2010 when we take back this government from the Socialist/Marxist/Communists that infest our government today.
The Democrats are on notice that real change is coming, one way or the other.