Sunday, March 11, 2012
Would You Approve Of A President That Disagreed with Churchill?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure,
The creed of ignorance,
The gospel of envy,
It’s inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery..”
-- Winston Churchill
Quite possibly, the above is the greatest quote ever made about Socialism’s “merits.” Unfortunately, most in America either don’t know this, or ignore it because they’re part of the “entitlement society” which has mushroomed in this country.
What Churchill understood, American’s need to be reminded of. Let’s start with some basics.
(1) A Government cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity. Simply stated, it doesn’t matter how many buckets of water are taken from the deep end of the pool and dumped into the shallow end, like water, wealth seeks its own equilibrium. That is, some people know how to create and manage it (the deep end of the pool) while others do not (the shallow end.) The poor will always be poor because they do not know how to handle money.
(2) What one person receives without working for, another person must work for, without receiving. Food Stamps, Welfare, WIC, 120 Weeks of Unemployment payments, the list goes on and on. These are not “Government funded” programs, these dollars come directly out of the pockets of those of us who have jobs. Increasingly, the Obama Administration believes it has the right to reach into our pockets and take more of our hard earned money to pay for those who refuse to find work. What’s worse is that the Obama Administration is deliberately creating a new entitlement class in this country as a result!
(3) The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from someobody else. We’ve all either read the stories, or know someone personally who’s gleefully proclaimed themselves “99 Weekers” on vacation while the rest of us go to work each morning. It’s high time that ended. While it’s true that there are some in this country who cannot take care of themselves, the majority can. If you can work but refuse to, you shouldn’t be enabled to suckle at the Government Teat (read that: Taxpayer wallets) for your daily sustinence.
(4) You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. This statement I believe demonstrates the sheer hypocrisy of the Obama Administration. On the one hand, Obama’s policies are all about punishing success and those who know how to create wealth in this country. His “tax the rich” mantra may be appealing to those who aren’t wealthy, however they themselves are the biggest “victims” of his policies. Wealth creates jobs, destroying wealth via redistribution destroys jobs. These types of policies are based on the philosophy that “the pie is only so big” and to give others a piece of the pie means taking away from those that have pie.
On the other hand, Obama’s spendthrift policies which have added nearly $7,000,000,000,000 (that’s trillion) dollars in new debt via printing money we don’t have demonstrates a policy of artificially expanding the “wealth pie” by creating dollars out of thin air. Clearly Obama’s wrong-headed policies are examples of trying to have it both ways which do not work, and have made a bad economic situation exponentially worse! Real inflation is above 8% and there are more than 23,000,000 American’s still looking for work (counting those who are under-employed, unemployed and working part time instead of full-time.)
(5) Democracy dies when people realize they can vote themselves money. (Alexis de Tocqueville – “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”)
Nearly half of this country (49.5%) pays no federal income tax, period. These are the folks without any “skin in the game.” That is, they have no vested interest in America’s success! The folks who pay the overwhelming majority of the taxes (60% of all federal taxes according to IRS figures) are in fact the top 5% of all wage earners, or those making more than $250k/year. These are the very “rich” folks Obama wants to inflict punitive tax rates on. These same punitive tax rates destroy the very wealth that creates jobs which in turn creates the very cycle of dependency that Obama wants to firm up his voting base.
Thanks to Obama’s policies of wealth destruction and Government dependency, nearly half of the people living in America now believe they do not have to work because the other half is going to “take care of them.”
It’s not going to be long before the half that’s carrying the load decides to stop when they realize the fruits of their labors are no longer their own and are being used directly against them to feed a Government created monster (welfare class) who not only believes, but legislates they continue carrying that load!
We’re seeing these very policies unfold before our eyes today. Simply turning on one’s television and seeing the “free phones" commercials for those on welfare, or googling “free government phones” is just the latest example of a spendthrift Obama Administration gone wild. “Why should I pay for my 9 year old cellphone when the Government will give me a FREE iPhone, simply because I’m on food stamps and welfare?”
We’re at the breaking point. 49.5% pay no federal income tax according to IRS tables. Just over 60% receive some form of direct Government benefit or check monthly. We are one election away from losing our country. I cannot fathom the damage an unfettered Barack Hussein Obama will do should he be re-elected and never have to face the voters again.
It sends chills down my spine and makes me sick to my stomach – and it should do the same to you.
If the choice was between a steaming pile of crap and Barack Hussein Obama this November, my vote is for the steaming pile of crap.
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
Reason #1: Chicago Police were completely un-prepared. So much so, that it was only two weeks ago upgrades to riot gear were finally ordered. Problem: The gear couldn't be delivered until mid-June, after the G8/NATO conference.
Reason #2: Chicago Police were counting on "participation" from Suburban and Downstate police to boost their numbers in the city during the G8/NATO conference. Problem: Suburban police departments refused to commit resources to Chicago. The city is so broke, it couldn't re-imburse Suburban police departments for their incurring the additional expense and Suburban political leaders didn't want their own villages and towns "exposed" with lack of Police coverage during the G8/NATO conference.
Reason #3: Obama saw how un-prepared Chicago is, and didn't want to risk major riots during an ECONOMIC CONFERENCE in his "hometown" of Chicago. Anyone following social media and the Chicago Police "anonymous" blogs is watching the makings of the biggest civil unrest since the 1968 Democrat Convention riots in Chicago unfold before their very eyes.
Further, since the announcement that G8 has been moved to Camp David every anarchist and left wing group that was planning on coming has announced their boosting their numbers to go to Chicago and send an even bigger message to Obama. Some of these left wing websites such as the SEIU, Communist Party USA, Socialist Party and others are openly talking about high value targets in the city to "occupy" or take-out (read that: cause damage.)
Making matters still worse are the publicly available, anonymous Chicago Police blogs where officers are openly talking about refusing to work overtime and expressing concerns over their ability to protect themselves and their families in the event full civil unrest breaks out - as promised by the "Occupy" movement and the extreme left-wing groups that are joining them.
While the "Occupy" movement initially claimed victory that they "forced" the G8 conference to be moved, the reality that their "message" will not be heard by "world economic leaders" due to the move is slowly sinking in and it's making them very angry. There's simply no way these protesters will get within 10 miles of the G8 conference now that it's been moved to Camp David, and their only option now is to up the ante during the NATO summit, currently still scheduled to be held in Chicago in May.
I for one hope they burn Chicago down, when they do they'll be handing the election in November to Anyone But Obama. It happened in 1968, it'll happen again.
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Allow me to be one of the first anti-Occupy blogger to express my extreme disappointment that the G8 Summit has been moved out of Chicago, to Camp David where "World Leaders" will be far, far out of reach of a bunch of screaming anarchist nut-bags hell bent on rioting and causing damage in downtown Chicago.
I'd just stocked up with fresh ammo for my daily commutes into the city and was so looking forward to helping the Chicago Police with "crowd control."
Oh well, there's always NATO. See you there, "Occupy."
Saturday, March 3, 2012
For those who don't know, the Food Stamp program is managed by the Department of Agriculture which provides Food Stamps (at Taxpayer expense) to some 47,000,000 individuals nationwide.
The National Park Service is also managed by the Department of Agriculture.
Yesterday, the Department of Agriculture proudly announced that they have been distributing the greatest amount of food stamps in the history of the Department.
The National Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.
Meanwhile, on signs posted everywhere at National Parks across the country we are instructed to "please do not feed the animals" because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.
Our government knows that providing for the daily needs of those who refuse to take care of themselves creates a destructive dependency. And yet, they do it every day - on purpose - creating a new "class" of voters. I call them WELFARE DEMOCRATS. This class of "voters" will never vote for any political party other than Democrats to keep their "paycheck" coming in.
The sad reality we in this country now face is that 49.5% of those living in this country are now dependent on the Federal Government for one or more of their needs from food, to housing, to (get this) "free cell phones." Yes, the Federal Government is giving away "free" cell phones to the "poor" at taxpayer expense.
Tthe average "benefit" for one of these leeches who knows how to exploit the government benefits system, is a whopping $32,767. That's far more than the average American family has in disposable income on a yearly basis.
Are these "benefits" really necessary, or are they really part of Obama's grand scheme to re-distribute wealth in America? I'll answer that question for you: these "benefits" have nearly doubled since Obama became President.
Coincidence? I think not.
I have a better idea: Let's not feed the animals, starting with the inner city thugs, dope dealers, welfare queens and moochers that are making us bankrupt. While we're at it, let's not feed these animals either.