Would You Approve Of A President That Disagreed with Churchill?
Socialism is a philosophy of failure,
The creed of ignorance,
The gospel of envy,
It’s inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery..”
-- Winston Churchill
Quite possibly, the above is the greatest quote ever made about Socialism’s “merits.” Unfortunately, most in America either don’t know this, or ignore it because they’re part of the “entitlement society” which has mushroomed in this country.
What Churchill understood, American’s need to be reminded of. Let’s start with some basics.
(1) A Government cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity. Simply stated, it doesn’t matter how many buckets of water are taken from the deep end of the pool and dumped into the shallow end, like water, wealth seeks its own equilibrium. That is, some people know how to create and manage it (the deep end of the pool) while others do not (the shallow end.) The poor will always be poor because they do not know how to handle money.
(2) What one person receives without working for, another person must work for, without receiving. Food Stamps, Welfare, WIC, 120 Weeks of Unemployment payments, the list goes on and on. These are not “Government funded” programs, these dollars come directly out of the pockets of those of us who have jobs. Increasingly, the Obama Administration believes it has the right to reach into our pockets and take more of our hard earned money to pay for those who refuse to find work. What’s worse is that the Obama Administration is deliberately creating a new entitlement class in this country as a result!
(3) The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from someobody else. We’ve all either read the stories, or know someone personally who’s gleefully proclaimed themselves “99 Weekers” on vacation while the rest of us go to work each morning. It’s high time that ended. While it’s true that there are some in this country who cannot take care of themselves, the majority can. If you can work but refuse to, you shouldn’t be enabled to suckle at the Government Teat (read that: Taxpayer wallets) for your daily sustinence.
(4) You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. This statement I believe demonstrates the sheer hypocrisy of the Obama Administration. On the one hand, Obama’s policies are all about punishing success and those who know how to create wealth in this country. His “tax the rich” mantra may be appealing to those who aren’t wealthy, however they themselves are the biggest “victims” of his policies. Wealth creates jobs, destroying wealth via redistribution destroys jobs. These types of policies are based on the philosophy that “the pie is only so big” and to give others a piece of the pie means taking away from those that have pie.
On the other hand, Obama’s spendthrift policies which have added nearly $7,000,000,000,000 (that’s trillion) dollars in new debt via printing money we don’t have demonstrates a policy of artificially expanding the “wealth pie” by creating dollars out of thin air. Clearly Obama’s wrong-headed policies are examples of trying to have it both ways which do not work, and have made a bad economic situation exponentially worse! Real inflation is above 8% and there are more than 23,000,000 American’s still looking for work (counting those who are under-employed, unemployed and working part time instead of full-time.)
(5) Democracy dies when people realize they can vote themselves money. (Alexis de Tocqueville – “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public’s money.”)
Nearly half of this country (49.5%) pays no federal income tax, period. These are the folks without any “skin in the game.” That is, they have no vested interest in America’s success! The folks who pay the overwhelming majority of the taxes (60% of all federal taxes according to IRS figures) are in fact the top 5% of all wage earners, or those making more than $250k/year. These are the very “rich” folks Obama wants to inflict punitive tax rates on. These same punitive tax rates destroy the very wealth that creates jobs which in turn creates the very cycle of dependency that Obama wants to firm up his voting base.
Thanks to Obama’s policies of wealth destruction and Government dependency, nearly half of the people living in America now believe they do not have to work because the other half is going to “take care of them.”
It’s not going to be long before the half that’s carrying the load decides to stop when they realize the fruits of their labors are no longer their own and are being used directly against them to feed a Government created monster (welfare class) who not only believes, but legislates they continue carrying that load!
We’re seeing these very policies unfold before our eyes today. Simply turning on one’s television and seeing the “free phones" commercials for those on welfare, or googling “free government phones” is just the latest example of a spendthrift Obama Administration gone wild. “Why should I pay for my 9 year old cellphone when the Government will give me a FREE iPhone, simply because I’m on food stamps and welfare?”
We’re at the breaking point. 49.5% pay no federal income tax according to IRS tables. Just over 60% receive some form of direct Government benefit or check monthly. We are one election away from losing our country. I cannot fathom the damage an unfettered Barack Hussein Obama will do should he be re-elected and never have to face the voters again.
It sends chills down my spine and makes me sick to my stomach – and it should do the same to you.
If the choice was between a steaming pile of crap and Barack Hussein Obama this November, my vote is for the steaming pile of crap.