Real Unemployment Rate: 10.6%
–verb (used with object), -cat⋅ed, -cat⋅ing.
1. to confuse, bewilder, or stupefy.
2. to make obscure or unclear: to obfuscate a problem with extraneous information.
3. to darken.
If like me you’re left wondering just how it is the Federal Government can report that unemployment dropped from 10% to 9.7% while at the same time adding another 20,000 people to the unemployment rolls in January while also adding another 900,000 people to the rolls from 2009 that were previously undrecorded then we have a word for you.
We need look no further than the above facts to know that the Obama Administration is LYING about the unemployment figures in this country.
Here are the facts as they are known.
- On January 10th, the unemployment rate stood at 10% with 14.8 million people out of work.
- Just last Friday on January 29th, the Federal Government announced at an additional 890,000 that had previously been unrecorded, were unemployed in 2009.
- To determine the percentage impact of those 890,000 on the overall unemployment figure, simply divide 890,000 by the 14.8 million that are unemployed to determine the “under-count” on the unemployment figure.
- Once we determine the under-count, we must add back in under-count to get an accurate picture of the real unemployment rate.
If you do the math properly, you should come up with a base unemployment rate of 10.604%, which does not count those who’ve given up or fallen off the rolls.
Is the Obama Administration cooking the books? YOU BETCHA!!
Source for the above numbers: Bureau of Labor & Statistics, February 2010
Harry Reid Losing To All 4 Republican Opponents
Rasmussen Reports has an interesting poll showing Harry Reid (D. NV) the Senate Majority Leader in big trouble in his home state.
All four potential Republican opponents in November’s General Election beat Harry Reid:
The Republican Primary in Nevada is June 8th. The bloodbath is on November 2nd. Time to send dirty Harry Reid packing.