Sunday, June 10, 2012

ObamaGirl Refuses To Endorse Obama

Has She Given Up on Hope & Change?

Amber Lee Ettinger, the model-actress made famous for her “Obama Girl” YouTube video in 2008 in which she professed to have a “crush” on Barack Hussein Obama has gone on record as refusing to endorse her former love-crush for the 2012 election.

“At this point I’m keeping that to myself,” she told online mag, “The Daily Caller.”  “If I’m not making videos, I’m not sure it’s anyone’s business who I’m voting for this time around.”

This is quite the turn-around for someone who became nationally known for one thing, and one thing only: a YouTube video endorsing Obama in the 2008 election.

The Amber Lee Ettinger story got me thinking about all the different things I’ve heard folks say this election cycle, as the political rhetoric heats up now that it’s Romney v. Obama. 

Here’s the one thing I have not heard this election cycle:

"I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, but I will this time.

Here are the things I am hearing this election cycle, see how many you recognize:

  • It's none of anyone's business who I'm voting for this time.
  • I haven't made up my mind yet.
  • I think Obama's a likeable guy.
  • I'm concerned about the economy.
  • My kid who graduated college last year still can’t find a job.
  • I'm concerned about my family's well being.
  • I'm doing ok, but my friends are really hurting economically.
  • My home value has dropped so much these last few years, and there's no end in sight.
  • I'm afraid I'll never be able to retire.

All the above are "code" for "I'm sorry I voted for Obama in 2008, and I won't make that mistake again!”

Yet, no one seemingly wants to say it out loud.  Here’s why: They’re afraid of being called a racist!  We’ve heard it for almost four long, horrifying years now: if you disagree with Obama you must be a racist.

Even the pollsters have stopped asking “who will you vote for this election?” and are focusing on Obama’s “likeability” as a way to mask what they already know: Obama’s going to lose in November. 

Why?  Because they themselves don’t want to be in the position of having to publish statistics showing how “racist” the country is.

The fact is, it’s not about race and while we all know that, this “President” now has a 4 year running history of blaming everyone and everything for his failures – except for himself.

Here’s what you and I can count on after election day this November: in some televised interview, Obama or his minion David Axelrod will declare all who voted against him racists.  They may not use the word, but they’ll certainly find a way to say Obama’s color, and not his demonstrably failed policies, are the reason he lost.

That my friends, you can take to the bank.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot a few. Concerns about the debt and deficit and unemployment are also "code" for folks not voting for Obama.